A bit about me...
I am a student in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama. I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Science Education. I am very passionate about learning, and I want to pass that excitement to my students. I like science because it is interesting and always changing so I will be challenged to learn about new discoveries in the field. I hope to challenge, encourage, and assist students in their educational journey and learn from them along the way.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's Alright to be Wrong

I am a strong advocate for learning. I want my students to know that it is ok to say "I don't know" or make mistakes. I am open to mistakes because each mistake presents a learning opportunity. No one is perfect, and I will makes mistakes myself. It is inevitable. I want to challenge my students and encourage them to do their best. However,I do not want to put unnecessary pressure on them to be perfect, so I do not want to criticize them for every incorrect answer or imperfect test score. Also, I want to encourage the curiosity and creativity of the students. I want the students to question the "truths" they are being taught, and I want them to come up with their own theories and ideas about things. I may learn some things from them, which is great! And even if they are incorrect, I want them to explore their minds and actively participate in their learning experience. I do not want the students to be afraid of being wrong but be excited about learning.

1 comment: