A bit about me...
I am a student in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama. I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Science Education. I am very passionate about learning, and I want to pass that excitement to my students. I like science because it is interesting and always changing so I will be challenged to learn about new discoveries in the field. I hope to challenge, encourage, and assist students in their educational journey and learn from them along the way.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Microsoft Office PowerPoint (or Google Documents Presentation)

Microsoft Office PowerPoint or Google Documents Presentation Creator can be used both by me and the students. These programs are basically the same, but Google's version is free which can be beneficial to students that do not have access to Microsoft Office. While Microsoft Office is not free, it is used in most schools. I will use both in my classroom.


  • I can use a presentation to present notes to the class during lecture, give an overview of a project or lab exercise, and review information.

  • I can have the students construct a presentation of a research topic complete with text and images.

Presentations are beneficial because:

  • By showing the notes in this form, the students are hearing and seeing the notes, which makes for better learning and remembering of the information.
  • Images can be added with text to enhance the material.
  • The information is better organized in this form, which will help me keep my thoughts and lecture organized and help the students understand the lesson more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment