A bit about me...
I am a student in the College of Education at the University of South Alabama. I am pursuing a degree in Secondary Science Education. I am very passionate about learning, and I want to pass that excitement to my students. I like science because it is interesting and always changing so I will be challenged to learn about new discoveries in the field. I hope to challenge, encourage, and assist students in their educational journey and learn from them along the way.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hands On Learning

Some students learn better by listening, some by watching, and some by doing. However, I think that every type of students can benefit from hands-on learning for many reasons:

  • Projects and lab experiments will provide first hand experience with the concepts the students learn in lecture.
  • Students can work together in groups, which teaches them to collaborate ideas as well as teamwork while they learn.
  • Students get involved in the lesson, which is more fun than reading and note taking, which means they are more apt to pay attention and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment